Sunday, October 18, 2020

Catching Up

I've been struggling with blogging lately, also due to the arrival winter happening soon--most nudists' enemy. Several things have derailed my state of mental positivity. At the top of that list would be the passing of my brother, Don. He died a few weeks ago, only a couple of weeks after his wife died. Neither of them were in great health, so it probably wasn't much of a stretch for COVID to claim them both. It's unfortunate that he lived so far away. He was the only sibling of 5 that didn't live nearby. As adults we were never very close, but us living so far apart still fucked things up.

I've also been busy with chores that have to be done to get everything ready for winter weather. I think we're lucky to live where we do because the western half of Washington State has nicely mild winters, and our summers usually don't get really hot. Hot--yes, but not really hot. We also have very few bugs to bother us. Sure, you'll find mosquitoes in various places, but nothing like you'll find in other states. We also have fairly long daylight hours being this far north.

But I digressed.

Our motorhome has commanded its fair share of attention lately. Having the weather starting to change and having no place to actually store it meant I needed to figure out what to do to it for the winter. At first I wanted something I could just drive under and park--basically, a roof on stilts. Instead, I opted to just go with a quality tarp that is made for motorhomes. First, I needed to get the roof all clean and dried before I could cover it, though, and that also meant I needed to do some tree grooming on the stuff that droops over the driveway where the motorhome sits. The more of that shit I can clean up the less there will be falling on top of the shop roof or motorhome. The downside to tarping (besides just being a pain in the ass) is, when you tarp up your motorhome you're finished driving it. Even if I want to go down and fill up the gas or propane I would need to untarp it again. Consequently, I went through all the preliminaries before putting the tarp on top, washing it, and topping off the gas and propane.

Motorhomes are a love/hate thing.

I had a fence project that was in the works, and that fell apart. I had us all set up for an 8-foot fence between us and the neighbors (tall because the ground slopes up toward their direction), but that got shot down by the city permit folks. After calling the wood supplier and canceling the $1400 worth of lumber I had already paid for, the project is back to square one.

Now the weather is turning crappy. Time to turn back to pleasant thoughts.



No comments:

Post a Comment