Monday, February 25, 2019

The Signs were There

I've done plenty of things in the course of my life that were counter to my nudist tendencies. For example, wearing tighty-whities. I wore them for decades! I guess I just followed my dad's example because he was my male role model. He wore those types of shorts, so all three of us boys in the family did too. When we were little, we slept in pajamas (matching of course), all made by mom every year for Christmas. I don't think we wore just pajamas either--I'm sure our tighty-whities were underneath. I remember getting into bed and removing my bottoms lots and lots of times. When I became a little older the jammies stopped and I wore just the tighty-whities. Same deal though--I'd get under the covers and off they came. I think I was admonished at least once for it by one of my parents (although I'm not sure how they even knew). I don't know why, maybe it was comfort, maybe it was just adolescent fondling. Either way, I have apparently had a fondness for, or tendency toward sleeping nude a long time before I recognized it. A long time. Oddly enough, it was only a few years ago now that I finally switched out of--and away from--those binding little tighty-whities. I wonder why it took so long! I'm so embarrassed.

Like anyone's life, mine has had a lot of chapters. Through some (more like many) of those chapters I was not in complete control of my life's decisions. Like the military for instance. When I was in the Air Force, the last thing I wanted was to be surprised in the middle of the night by some fucking fire drill or something, and find myself standing there naked, trying to blink the sleep away. The whole idea of being suddenly thrust into the harsh military way of life was hard enough without the people around me razzing me because I slept naked. Little by little, I sort of pushed it out of my mind for a long time.

As an adult out on my own, I became aware of the fact that I could do anything I wanted, and one of those things was sleeping naked. It was so nice to not have to worry about covering my ass before crawling out of bed to pee. Now I could wander the whole house that way any time I wanted to! It felt different than before when I was younger. It felt more naughty when I was younger, but not nearly as much any more.

There were some places I've lived that afforded more freedom than others. At one point in my adult life I rented a teeny house, and it had a matching teeny garage that someone had attached to the house at some point. It also had a fenced back yard with quite a few smallish trees around the perimeter. While it was by no means private, it was private enough that I was able to wander around out there after dark on nights without too much moon. I know, I know--that's not much, but during the summer months it was nice to have that as an option. One place I lived in had an indoor privacy thing going on during winter that was in my favor. The place had single-pane windows on it, so I put thick, translucent plastic over the windows. I had to put them on the inside with thumbtacks because the outside of the whole complex of duplexes were made from stucco. What I liked about those "cataract" window coverings was that I could leave all my curtains wide open throughout the house to let maximum light in, all the while spending as much time as I could while nude. Even the slider in the dining room was covered. I could stand right up near the window and nobody could see me. Being nude in summer is always easier, but that setup was pretty cool for a winter thing!

It sure is nice to finally live with no restrictions. Why did it take so long?


No comments:

Post a Comment