Saturday, May 16, 2020

Showering Outside

One of the things that I don't currently have, but consider almost essential to being a nudist, is an outdoor shower. While there is, of course, a shower inside our house, I can't count the number of times I wished I could do a quick shower-off or cool-down after lying out under the hot sun or working outside on a hot day. I don't want to have to go into the house to shower while I'm dirty and end up tracking crap all over the floors. Even if I'm only sweaty from lying in the sun my feet still end up dirty as hell from wearing flip flops.

An outdoor shower doesn't have to be anything special. Nothing like this Medusa-looking thing on the right. I just want something I can attach to the existing outside faucet when I need to. I'm thinking that a short run of hose, a vertical run of copper tubing with a shower head on top, and a 1/4-turn shutoff valve at the shower would be all I need, all nicely-mounted to the wall securely. Oh, and a nice platform to stand on, preferably slats for drainage reasons. See how simple this one on the left looks?

For folks that just want to shop and click the "buy" button, online merchants like Wayfair have several outdoor showers available, ready to install. Check it out: Wayfair outdoor shower search

Where to put one is a good question. I suppose I shouldn't care about whether or not anyone can see me, but the truth is our back yard still isn't private. I've been meaning to put good fencing up for some time now and still haven't. I hope to remedy that soon, but for the time being a privacy screen of some sort would have to be a requirement for any outdoor shower I install. I don't want any cops ringing the doorbell with a complaint from someone next door.

Showers are very important to nudists. Nudist clubs always require their guests to shower before entering pools. This is both for sanitary reasons and to remove all those extra oils and lotions we tend to pile on our bodies. They all have ample shower facilities for their members and guests to use, and of course, they are out in the open because, well--so are the nudists! Lots of people with pools have outdoor showers for people to use before taking changing. The difference with nudist showering is, the showers are outside in the open where it's convenient. In the nudist parks there is no need for separate showers for males and females (at least all I've visited so far). As a matter-of-fact, one of Brenda's most fond experiences was using the indoor public shower at Lake Bronson during a stay there. It was a great way to meet and greet the fellow nudists! We nudists are less concerned about where we shower than non-nudists, so having an outdoor shower just makes sense.

Here are a few favorite pictures of people enjoying theirs:



No comments:

Post a Comment