Sunday, March 31, 2019

The Question is Always the Same

I like being a nudist. Actually, I'm even proud of it.

I like the attention I occasionally get when I wear one of my many Nudestock t-shirts. Someone will look at it with their head cocked, and ask, "Wait--what's that say?...-Nudestock?!" immediately followed by a "realization washing over their faces. I look at it like it's sort of a form of bravery. Most people I talk to would never think about spending their day wearing nothing but some sort of foot protection or a hat of some kind, let along advertise it. Their responses are numerous, but most of them fall in the same general camp, and ask the same question:

"Why would you want to see [insert colorful adjective here] people naked?"

Their question might have any number of descriptors in the blank, like old, fat, saggy, or whatever, but the statement or question is almost always the same from the uninformed textile majority. It's both funny and sad at the same time. Honestly, do people really think that's the only reason someone would possibly go to a nudist park? To see people? I'd be lying if I said I didn't look--I do, but just like I would do with clothed people. To those who think being a lookie-loo is the reason to visit a nudist part or event I say, "The chances of you seeing amazing works of human art in the form of model-quality women or finely-chiseled, muscular men with abs of steel are very slim. The people at our local nudist park and others are just plain ol' ordinary people with plain ol' ordinary bodies."

Being naked is the perfect scenario! Relax and enjoy yourself because you're with regular people that enjoy regular things... just wearing no clothing!

Back to The Question: My response is always the same when someone asks me:
"I don't go to see naked--I go to be naked."
When I'm with no clothes I am in my element. I'm aware of my nakedness, but in a good way. I can't help but notice the breezes, the warmth of the sun, or the cool air on a cloudy day. Even a quick dare of dunking in a cold stream or doing snow angels in the buff--those types of sensory input make me feel more alive and connected with the world around me. When I'm bare I want to be outdoors. I want to be active. I want to experience everything I've already experienced or are used to, but in a whole new way. Ask a nudist and they'll tell you--things are more fun when they're done naked!




No comments:

Post a Comment