Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Naturist or Nudist? Who Cares!

I am the kind of person that will almost always shy away from confrontation. I hate arguments. Theoretically, if I encountered one group of naked people that started shouting, "I'm a nudist!" and started waving their nudist signs, and another group stood together exclaiming, "I'm a naturist!" and waving their signs I would just sigh and look the other way. No big deal to me... naked is naked.

Dictionary.com has two definitions for naturist, the second of which is "nudist." Does that mean that naturism is a higher form of being naked than nudism?

    Naturist:
  • A person who appreciates the beauty and benefits of nature.
  • A nudist.
    Nudism:
  • The practice of going nude, especially in places that allow sexually mixed groups, in the belief that such practice benefits health.

Based on those descriptions, one would conclude that:
  • Naturists are nudists with less flexibility
  • Nudists are like naturists, but may be more receptive to fun

So why choose? As far as I'm concerned, if you're naked and you're happy about it, you're on the right track!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment