Friday, June 26, 2020

Bare Poetry

I've said before that I have multiple blogs, and one of those blogs just happens to be all poems and limericks. Several of those rhymes revolve around my favorite theme like this one does. I'll post those here every now and then. Here's one:

The Other "N" Word
by Rick Williams

I love the feel of nakedness
and don't care who I tell.
I'll announce it to the world
and everyone else as well!

I wear t-shirts every day to work;
many with "Nudestock" themes.
They're my subtle way of saying,
"There's a nudist on your team!"

At first it was a common thing;
people would always wonder:
"Why would anyone want to see
what's usually hidden under?"

It isn't just about what you see
when you're only wearing shoes;
it's also about how you feel--
it helps you kick the blues!

Bodies differ so very much--
there are really no two the same;
so why should less than perfect ones
be made fun of and/or shamed?

I've had many experiences
of nudism over the years,
but never thought to share them;
perhaps acceptance fears?

Nobody wants to be ridiculed
about things they think or do.
Maybe I thought I'd be seen as odd
and taunting would ensue.

I'd like to think that everyone
is born a nudist at their core;
but alas, most kids are taught
to have those thoughts no more.

Instead, be sure to make it known
that you're a nudist too!
Share those thoughts with those you know--
I'll bet that some will envy you!

No comments:

Post a Comment