Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Driving Nude

I think driving nude is a thing that started off being fun because it was naughty. I don't remember the first time I had the desire to strip and drive, but I know I've done it many times since. I'm pretty sure it started off from plain ol' boredom. When you have quite a ways to drive and you'd just like the time to pass more quickly, driving nude is a pleasant change of pace. There have been times I've been on a long drive and found myself getting sleepy, and my recipe for making the drive interesting and keeping myself alert again was to just take all my clothes off. It just makes it different.

The longest I've ever driven wearing only my seat belt was probably the time I drove home from Lakewood, California. I slid my shorts off after coming down the Grapevine hill on northbound I-5. Because I got a late start, it was dark by the time I had to stop for gas. I remember the place was closed, but thanks to the current world of 24-hour, unattended gas stations I was able to fill up without getting dressed! That was pretty cool. I did end up getting dressed sometime after that, probably having something to do with getting something to eat...

I've been to Nudestock several times at our local club, Tiger Mountain Family Nudist Park, and at least twice I remember having struggles with getting dressed when it was time to leave. Instead of dealing with it I just drove home nude. After all, I had been naked the entire day--why stop now? Those times, being daylight hours, required a certain amount of discretion when passing certain taller vehicles, and for those times I just draped my shorts over my lap for a few seconds as we passed.

One time while I was married to Sue her family members were all gearing up for their annual camping trip to Lily Lake. Because of the various family members having different schedules and so on, everyone was going at different times and taking different folks along with them. Because I was working all day Friday, everyone else had already gone up, allowing me to drive up alone in my pickup with a canoe hanging out the back. I disrobed just the other side of Enumclaw and drove naked all the way up and over the pass, down the to the lake destination on the other side. I arrived and parked, but still hadn't had any reason to get dressed because I hadn't yet encountered anyone. That was a nice naked drive! I was still naked as I dragged the canoe out of the truck and most of the way down the path to the lake. I wonder what kind of stir I would have caused had I gone all the way to the lake naked!

I spent 10 years as a delivery driver in the 1980's and 90's, and one of my regular routes was an overnighter down to Portland, Oregon. That's not all that far from us here (about 2-3 hours), but because I left the warehouse at 3am I had to deal with darkness, tiredness, and boredom on occasion. One night I got the idea to pull over and strip. It was warm weather and I was in a rural area, so I just got out of the truck and disrobed right there on an on-ramp that led downward, back onto the freeway. It was still dark, so that was no problem. I put my socks and shoes back on (driving comfort) and got into the truck. Continuing onto the freeway, it was at least an hour of fun, comfortable driving in the nude. I finally pulled over and got dressed again when the sky started getting light, knowing my first stop was not far away.

Apparently, in some circles driving with no clothes on is known as carnuding (I guess everything needs a title these days). There's an excellent guide for driving nude here on The Free Range Naturist blog.

1 comment: